Directed and written by Doris Doerrie
- Men… (Männer…) (1985), the most-seen German film that year, which launched her into the spotlight; starring: Uwe Ochsenknecht, Heiner Lauterbach, Ulrike Kriener
- Money (Geld) (1989); starring: Billie Zöckler, Uwe Ochsenknecht, Sybille Waury
- Paradise (Paradies) (1986); starring: Katharina Thalbach, Heiner Lauterbach, Sunnyi Melles
- Me and Him (1989); starring: Griffin Dunne, Ellen Green, Kelly Bishop, Carey Lowell
- Happy Birthday, Türke (1992); starring: Hansa Czypionka, Meret Becker, Joachim Król
- Nobody Loves Me (Keiner liebt mich)de:Keiner liebt mich(1994); starring: Maria Schrader, Joachim Król .... [The drama Happy became the film Nackt/Naked (2002), and the collection of short stories Für immer und ewig/Forever and Always was made into the film Keiner liebt mich/Nobody Loves Me (1993).
Dörrie’s husband, cinematographer Helge Weindler, died during the shooting of Bin ich schön?/Am I Beautiful? (1996). It was not until six years later that Doris Dörrie was able to formulate her loss in the novel Das blaue Kleid/The Blue Dress, which is not a book of mourning, but rather one of consolation: wit and imagination lead her out of the maze. The funeral ceremony on Bali proceeds unwaveringly despite a cloudburst ... This look at unfamiliar rituals gave death a face again, broke one of our society’s taboos.
- Enlightenment Guaranteed (Erleuchtung garantiert) (2002), starring the actors from Men…
- Naked (Nackt) (2002)
- How To Cook Your Life (2007), a documentary about Zen chef Edward Espe Brown
- Cherry Blossoms (Kirschblüten - Hanami) (2008)
- Die Friseuse (2010}
a very interesting view on life and death as well ... by Deepak Chopra
thanks to all of you who give us more insight in what's life about ... wonderful inspiration! we can give it to each other, every day we live here, on this planet, on the way to another stage of being. ;)